Tuesday, September 16, 2014

It's okay

to accept change.
to grow and learn.
to not always be in control.
I'm finally accepting that Lia is out of her toddler years and has become a preschooler.
Drawing us pictures.
Telling us stories.
Teaching us letters and the sounds they make.
It's unbelievable.
I truly hope she continues to enjoy school and learning.
 
 
I've hit my own milestone of being able to learn how to manage life with two kids.
Getting Lia to school on time 3 days a week.
Working out with Robbie.
Preparing HEALTHY dinners and lunches close to every night.
Still trying to figure out how to keep the house clean and laundry caught up..
it's always been my downfall.
I've always just put that aside because I'd rather be playing catch, blocks or just reading stories to Duke and Lia.
But I'm beginning to love being a stay at home mom.
Although there are a lot of pressures and expectations that I rarely ever meet.
But I'm truly working on it.
sometimes, I believe, I'm disappointing Robbie when he comes home to dishes in the sink or a laundry basket full of wrinkled, clean clothes sitting in a laundry basket waiting to be folded and put away...
the list never ends.
But I've become so appreciative that I am able to stay home with my children and focus on motherhood and being a wife.
That is my identity.
It's the life I have chosen and I love it.
I have happy kids that know that their mom is always there for them, at any given moment and that in its self is a gift.
 



 
This last Saturday, we participated in the Huntington's Disease Walk for Hope.
Huntington Disease has haunted my family for decades and decades to come.
There is even a 50% chance I might have the disease as well.
Although I choose not to dwell on what might be... I support everything I can with the disease.
I lost my wonderful Grandmaman to HD when I was about 12 years old.
She was my beautiful, dancing grandmother and probably one of my favorite people on this earth.
This walk was an emotional one with quite a few tears at the beginning. Basically causing everyone else to tear up.
She is just so missed. I'll never forget all of the amazing memories I have of her.
 
my two little brothers. Dylan and Jonathon

my dad and brothers

My mom and brothers



jonathon




 
It's okay to accept change. It teaches us so much and forces us to keep moving forward.
We may not be able to control everything, but we can always control our happiness.
You are only as happy as you choose to be.
As, I've always told Lia, "it's okay to feel sad sometimes, but as long as you choose to be happy, everything will be okay."
 


No comments:

Post a Comment