Sunday, September 28, 2014

Bring on October..

Phew, what a week this has been.
 
Our dang house flooded!!!
 

I had dropped Robbie off to meet his friends for work carpool at about 1:30, ran some errands with the kids. At about 3:45, we walk into the house to see that our ceiling is pouring water (not exaggerating). This was no slow trickle.. this was a waterfall coming from about 6 different spots throughout the kitchen/dining and hallway in front of the stairs (as shown). Gone for two hours and I can't believe the amount of water there was... it even seeped down into the basement through our air vent and behind the insulation. Lia was my saving grace, while I'm running around trying to stop the water and laying down towels and blankets to soak up the water, Lia sat on the couch and fed Duke a bottle. Unsupervised with no help. What a rockstar.
We've been having issues with our toilet upstairs in the master bath and I don't know how, but the water in it rose and rose to the point of over flowing so much that it came down through two floors.
Luckily the water is off now and we are still trying to get it all dried.
 
Today is the two year wedding anniversary for Robbie and I.
 
 
Today was just as laid back as the day we got married. I woke up with Duke at 7am and Robbie got up at the same time.
He left the house for a little bit to come home to Duke and I back asleep in our bed, as I try to wake up, Robbie tells me to go back to sleep and we didn't wake back up until 10:30am.
It was sure nice to have a morning nap... Duke's been going through a growth spurt so he's been waking up once during the night to eat... Can't wait for those to go away again...
Anyway, at about 11am, I go downstairs to Lia running to me to say good morning and to show me my surprise from daddy...
He had surprised me with a pumpkin spice latte, a card, and two roses symbolizing the two years we've been married and the two children we've had together. Pretty cute.
I made brunch for everyone.. just pancakes and omelets.
 
We just chilled at home with the kids until about 3 when we took the kids to play with their auntie Hailey while Robbie and I went to see the movie Maze Runner at the District then off to sushi at Tsunami.
 
It's been a pretty wonderful day. I can't wait for all the years to come.
 
 
Lia had her first themed dress day at school. Western Day..
 

She insisted we call her cowgirl all day and she'd run around with her horses saying 'yeeehawww" haha she definitely has a country/city girl thing going on.
 
 
We figured out that Duke has a slight obsession with football.
These are the three faces he will make throughout watching it.
He will kick and kick and kick some more throughout the entire game.
Grunts and sometimes even gets upset when a commercial or half time show comes on.
Honestly, it's so hysterical.
What a total boy he is.
Duke is still nursing really well and will take a bottle just as easily. He's still a momma's boy and I'm getting to really, really love that.
He turned 3 months this last Tuesday, time is going by so fast.
He is long and skinny just like his sister. I'm still hoping he will chub out.. only time will tell.
He loves to be held and to hang out with us.
He especially loves his big sissy.. she always makes him laugh. Their love for each other is undeniable, I've never seen anything like it.
 
 
Fall has officially arrived.. Lia and I have had a steady flow of pumpkin spice muffins. We have our Halloween decorations up and costumes bought.
Lia surprisingly chose to be a witch and Duke is a teddy bear.
They are so cute.. I can't stand it..
 
more to come this week ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment