Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Duke's Birth Story

I can't remember if I had mentioned or not that I had Ashleigh, with Harlow Moon Photography join in on Duke's birth to take his birth story!
I'm so happy she was able to spend that special day with us.
Her cute pregnant self was there for hours and hours, so I'm very thankful for her!

I was on the fence for a good few months about getting a birth story done.
I wanted the moments of Lia meeting Duke for the first time, so that's what made me get it done.
I AM SO HAPPY I DID!

They turned out so great! You've seen glimpses of them in my previous posts, but going through all of them, wow, talk about getting choked up.
It brought back all the emotions I was feeling on his birth day and I think they are so special.

see for yourself...
(WARNING: Long Post)




Playing the waiting game, waiting for my doctor!


Kept getting in trouble by the nurses because I couldn't stand
lying down and my monitors were going crazy.

last family photo as just a trio







Robbie isn't known for his patience. haha

Just goofing off to pass the time!



 
Keeping me modest, just about to go into surgery!

kiss and I'm off!

Everyone's guesses on Duke's size

Just waiting to meet this new little man.
 
Happy new dad of two (just leaving the OR)
 
Grandmas huddle to see their first grandson
 
 
Mommy/Daughter moment
 

so in love with this little man.
 
Learning to breastfeed



 
Lia sees her brother for the very first time!!
 
couldn't wait to kiss him so she practically dove off of Robbie to get to him

trying to show off and show everyone her new baby


 





such a special connection.
everyone trying to catch a little picture of our new addition.




uncle corby and big sister getting to hold Dukey



Grandma's turn


daddy couldn't help but hold his hand


grandma and auntie alisa











uncle corb and auntie alisa





 
Family is complete!
That's our birth story of our new little member...
Robert Duke Thompson






PhotoCredit// Harlow Moon Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment