Monday, July 7, 2014

He's Here!!

 
On Tuesday, June 24th at 3:39pm our precious Duke finally joined our family.
 
On the last post, I spoke about going into the doctor about my high blood pressure following my bed rest...
Well, luckily it was back to normal and my doctor allowed me to schedule a C-section for the 24th.
We had it planned to go in to surgery at Noon, so we arrived at the hospital at 10am (as suggested) just to get me prepared.
Noon came and went, my doctor had an emergency D&C and another delivery he had to do, so he didn't end up making it to our hospital until about 3pm.
IT WAS GO TIME
Robbie put on his fancy surgery suit and hat, I got my spinal.
Dr. Quinn (my OBGYN) always listens to music during his surgeries (Lia was born to AC/DC).
This time he gave me the choice of music for Duke to come out of the world in, and I chose country.
It was nice because it helped keep me relaxed, since I could kind of sing along to the songs in my head.
Not long after, I hear the sweetest little cry. Duke was actually crying before he was even out of my belly!!
They had Robbie watch pull him out. He said it was like watching ET come out of a stomach.
It was so sweet because I was watching Robbie and he was just tearing up.
Finally joining me in my tears... as I started tearing up getting my spinal (no, not because it hurt, I just couldn't believe that we were actually about to welcome this new little person into our family. Lia was about to have a brother and life long friend.
It was an absolutely incredible experience.
I have no regrets about the change in my birth plan... it couldn't have been more perfect.
 
 
He was born at 8 pounds 20 inches of pure squishy perfection.
 
He eats like a champ, sleeps all day everyday and only wakes me up once or twice throughout the night to nurse.
 
Lia loves on him every single chance she can get!!
We have only had one mishap with Lia since he's come home; Lia decided it would be a good idea to pee standing up on the staircase, clothes and tutu on and all....
 
Now enjoy some pictures of our little squish...
 








 
 
Today is actually Robbie's first day back to work and my first day with Lia and Duke on my own.
So far it's going pretty okay! Taking everything one step at a time.
I'm sure it will be a little bit more challenging as Duke becomes more and more awake, but we will be just fine!
I'm so happy to have him home.
 
 
 Our family is complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment