Friday, June 20, 2014

it's about that time

For baby Duke to make his appearance!
Sadly, my routine appointment on Wednesday took a quick turn for the worst, when my always perfect blood pressure was all of a sudden 160/100.
I've never had high blood pressure in my life, I get it checked very often, as when I am not pregnant, I frequently donate blood or platelets.
Any way, he gave me two options,
1. Drive to Jordan Valley and go to Labor and Delivery to be monitored for at least an hour.
2. Go home and be on bed rest until Friday (today).
I decided to go with the bed rest because Robbie had to get to work and I was feeling okay enough to go home and said I'd go into labor and delivery if I started feeling worse.
Dr. Quinn was very specific on how he wanted this bed rest to go: no housework, minimal walking, no driving, no lifting over 5 pounds... etc.
Lets just say, at being 38 weeks pregnant, the last thing I wanted to hear was that I am on bed rest.
In my head, I just keep thinking, "Why don't we just skip all the drama and go in for the C-section instead of waiting until Friday to see how things are looking?"
I guess I should explain that a little bit further....
With high blood pressure and possible risk of preeclampsia, I don't get the option of a vaginal induction (especially since my cervix is still closed and not close to being prepared for labor, so it's too risky) I will most likely be getting another C-section.
I'm totally fine with it!
I wanted to try a vaginal delivery, since this will be my last pregnancy, but I'm comfortable with having another C-section! it's much easier that is for sure...
you go in, get hooked up, get your meds, go get your baby out and there ya go, easy peasy (haha)
 
Anyway, here are some things that have been missed the last few weeks..
 

Lia had her Spring Dance recital on May 31st, a ballet to Under The Sea from The Little Mermaid.
It was so cute, even did most of it from memory!

 
Lia's been practicing being a big sister with all the little babies around us.

We've been spending some time at the pool
I turned 37 weeks, having lost one pound (haha)

We've been spending time at the little beach at Daybreak Lake
We celebrated Robbie's 4th Father's Day. It was a busy day, lots of food!
Brunch with my dad and brother Dylan at the Alta Lodge
Robbie played 18 holes of Golf at Thanksgiving Pointe with his dad and brother Corbin
Then went to dinner at Red Robin with Robbie's dad and rest of the Family!
This is just a day and a half before I turned 38 weeks.
This last Tuesday I turned 38 weeks so we took the opportunity to go bowling. It put my mom into labor with two out of 3 of her pregnancies, so we thought it would be worth a shot. Pretty late that night, I thought the beginnings of labor were starting. I was having contractions every 5-7 minutes and they were just starting to get a tiny bit stronger when they just decided to stop all together, BOOOOO. so close!!!!
 

This was taken last night (Thursday)
We took this in hopes that it would be her last night as an only child.
 
Robbie is taking me to my appointment today at 4:30pm
I'm hoping he can help me plea my case with the doctor to either go in tonight for another C-section or this weekend.
It will be inevitable if my blood pressure is still high then delivery is tonight for sure.
But with how I've been feeling since Wednesday, I just don't think it's smart to keep him in for much longer...
I've been having dizzy spells, constant headaches, swelling, extreme tiredness.
I was about to go to the hospital for monitoring a handful of times, but right before we'd leave, I'd be feeling better, so I just stayed and rested.
 
Send good luck our way that Duke will come some time this weekend!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment