Monday, April 14, 2014

Large and in Charge

Taken March 22nd
 
I feel like time is going by so fast! It's already mid-April!!!
I'm 29 weeks today, meaning one more week until I'm in the 10 week home stretch. That's so crazy!
 
 
Taken April 3rd
I've gained about 32 pounds as of week 28. At first I was really upset about it, because that would put me a couple of pounds away from when I gave birth to Lia.
Well, I'm officially over it.
The number on the scale means nothing to me.
This pregnancy couldn't be more different than with Lia.
I feel completely different. Before meeting this little man, I can already tell, he is nothing like his sister. He is his own person, just like Lia is.
I did the wrong thing, I compared my children, before the second was even born.
No more.
I need to just remember, they might be nothing like each other. They certainly aren't now.
Lia was always kicking around, loved being noticed by everyone around.
She loved getting talked to in my belly, she kicked for everyone.
She loved everyone giving her attention. Nothing has changed. That is still her to a 'T', just a lot more feisty!
So far, what I have learned about Duke is that he is just chill as can be and a total momma's boy.
He won't kick for anyone, he will kick rarely for Robbie, but never for anyone else.
He seems to love his sister as much as she loves him.
Lia hasn't felt him move, she simply can't sit still long enough to feel a kick.
It's so cute though, when Lia is around me playing, I think he can hear her. He will just kick and kick and go crazy.
Lia on the other hand, is the number one belly hugger and kisser. She likes to include her little Duke in everything. Always talking about him and telling other people about him.
Today I was looking at some photographs of other big sisters meeting their new siblings for the first time and it started choking me up.
Lia is absolutely going to be the best big sister to her new brother. I can hardly stand it.
I can't believe in just a short 11 weeks our family will change for the second time and it will be the best day of my life.
I can't wait for Lia to meet Duke.
And his daddy and I can't wait to meet him either!
See you soon enough little buddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment