Friday, January 15, 2016

5 weeks

Til we get our beloved Robbie home to us.. 17 more days to be exact. It already seems like its been forever that he's been gone. The holidays were nice, new year's was not.. At least not for me. I put the kids to bed early like it was any other night. Cleaned the house a little bit and talked on the phone with Comcast trying to get my internet and cable to work. I rang in the new year twice with Robbie. First for his time zone and the second for mine... That probably killed me the most. Being in different time zones made me fully realize how far away he actually is.

There are no words to really describe how much I miss him. Its literally like a part of me is just gone.

Lia's been acting out, I don't know if its because she just turned 5 or if its because she misses her daddy... Either way, its been extremely tough with her. 5 going on 15 and I wonder how much more of that I can take. The attitude, the drama, the tears... Make it stop!!

Duke is in that 'everything is mine' phase. And also the coloring on walls phase... He still cuddles with me everyday with his bottle and his his favorite show, Disney's henry hugglemonster. That's probably my favorite part of the day lately, just feeling needed and unconditionally loved and wanted.

Anyway, let's get to the pictures.

When Santa arrives.

When it snowed over two feet and my body hurt for 4 days from all the heavy shoveling! 

How much more gorgeous could he be? 

Shopping with the kiddos and Hailey at traverse mountain outlets 

Christmas morning 

And again with my mom and two younger brothers 

Lia's birthday! 

Duke being thrilled to hold the dog at my mom's.. 

Another snow day with Lia. Kept her home from school to avoid another two hour car drive to her school that's only 15 minutes away. 

My favorite Christmas present. Period. 

I wish I could have gotten better pictures but these will have to do. He got a sleeping bag from great grandpa Floyd and won't stop wearing it! 

Blowing out her candles. I made this stupid cake..  Ugh I hate making cake but I did it because we were on a tight budget , it tasted good but my mom lost my nice cake stand and this one kept tipping over. After three tips the cake was unsalvageable. Oh well. 

Grandpa (my dad) gave him a bike for Christmas and he's obsessed. I have to say duke is probably one of the most cautious boys when it comes to being reckless. He found lias helmet and put it on so he could ride around. 

This... Well this is my favorite gift from Lia ever. Her passion for art is so real. She gave me this and I about cried due to love and pride for her. What a little Picasso. 

This is a funny day. I snapped this picture to remember what our quick conversation was getting into the car from picking her up from school. 
Lia: mom, I know what I'm going to be when I'm a grown up like you. 
Me: and what would that be? 
Lia: I'm going to be a real life princess. You need to buy me a princess dress and a tiara. I have to be ready. 
Me: that's nice bug, but you know, since I am not a queen, you will have to marry a prince to become a princess....
Lia: but mom, I don't have a wedding dress! 

Maybe its not so funny on a blog but i found it so amusing and adorably innocent. 

Five things that duke only cares about. 
1. Food. Must have some available at all times. 2. Balls. The only sure thing in life that he will play with. 
3. Hats. Must be wearing them as much as possible. 
4. Sleep. But must have his bottle full of soymilk. He loves his sleep but is still a pretty early riser, especially when compared to his sister growing up. 
5. Me.. He is such a mommas boy. He doesn't mind me leaving him or someone taking him away from me. But he definitely loves to cuddle with me and I'm the only one he will do that with anymore. 

Did I mention he loves food? 
He never stops eating. But at least he's active :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment