Tuesday, August 18, 2015

And she's off...

So I'm sitting here on my staircase literally waiting for duke to wake up or make any sort of noise so I can jump up and run into his room...

Today's Lia's first day of full time preschool. She goes Monday through Thursdays from 8:30am-3pm. So its really just the little guy and I all day long for most of the week. I've already scrubbed the bathrooms, kitchen and floors, the laundry is on its cycle and the dishwasher is running. I've gone to a Dr's appointment, did my morning gym and tan session, showered with hair and makeup done. All before noon and honestly I want her back home!

I miss getting to read with her or play board games with her while duke takes a nap. What am I supposed to do all day? I guess I could clean everyday all day but that's no fun. I'm not used to this slow kind of day where I'm searching for things to do.

I truly enjoy playing with my kids and going places with them. Its been so hot lately, leaving the house isn't all that fun.

I guess I better come up with some fun activities for duke.

Is it just me, or does it seem so strange to only have one kid to look after most of the day? You get so used to entertaining two or them entertaining each other, its a weird feeling for it to be just me and the one babe again.

I'm thinking I might get a membership to thanksgiving point and/or the zoo. Going to the zoo and all the fun museums at thanksgiving point would be a blast, but I'd feel so guilty that Lia wouldn't be there. Do you think she'd even care, really?

I can always make it up to her though, right? Just take her to one of those places just the two of us...

Maybe I'm too hard on myself. She absolutely LOVES school and being surrounded by friends..

She started at a new school this year... No longer challenger. She's now at American Heritage private school. Her teacher is Ms. Thompson. Lia was pretty excited about that. Says they are matching because they share the same last name.

But we get there today, she's all dressed up in her uniform and puts her backpack on her cubby, about to walk away when I ask her for a kiss. She gives me a kiss and says "see you after school, its going to be a long day!!" Then walks quietly over to her desk and sits down.

When did she become so gosh darn grown up?!! I didn't cry this year... I was surprised. I think its easier knowing that she loves it and still loves me and that things will be better between us when we aren't surrounding each other 24/7. We tend to butt heads if we are around each other a little too much. Haha but everyone tells me that's normal for mothers and daughters as they grow up and then become best friends as adults. I have to say, I sure hope so!

Today 8/18/15 first day of 2nd year pre-k :)
Just reading a costume catalog that Sheri gave us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment