Tuesday, February 24, 2015


 
Our princess earned her Alphabet Crown at school!!
It's such a huge milestone for her!
She has mastered all of her letters and their sounds.
Even reads a few words!!
 
I swear, Lia impresses me on a daily basis.
She is becoming so so smart, scares me a little.
 
 
Robbie took me to Tuscany for Valentine's Day.
It was such a wonderful date.
We had this chocolate cake slice that weighed about a pound and a half!
so delicious, I'm drooling now thinking about it.
 
 
I am so lucky in love that my kids are obsessed with each other.
I can only dream that it will stay this way forever.
 Duke just watches her in complete awe and admiration.
Lia just loves to show him off and make sure that EVERYONE around her knows that he is HER brother.
 They make me a proud momma bear on the daily.
 
 
Our little buddy just got over a sad case of RSV.
It broke my heart to see my smiley little boy so miserable.
Constant tears, naps, and many, many steam showers.
 
I'm so happy to have my happy, snuggly boy back.
He turned 8 months old today!
I'm just in shock at how fast he is growing.
It's making me beg Robbie for a third!
I can't stand the thought that after Duke, there won't be any more babies in our future..
How sad is that?
I know when Duke is a toddler, I'll be happy we didn't jump on another baby bandwagon.
But who knows.. will there be another baby Thompson in our future?
We shall see. (wink, wink)
 
Duke is beginning to thin out, mostly because he is gaining height.
He loves to snuggle, mostly with me.
He gets this high pitched whine when he is tired and wants to go to bed.
He is our little army crawler, not as lazy any more but still wants everything done for him.
(must be a boy/man thing, haha)
Duke loves to brush his own two little teeth.
He also is struggling with major food allergies.
We are in the works of getting him an appointment with the allergist. We have the recommendation and he has the files, we just have to get him the actual appointment.
So far, Duke's allergic to all dairy products, pretty much all berries, mangos, and severely allergic to eggs. His pediatrician wants us to keep him far away from soy and nut products because he has such high potential for allergies to those as well.
 
It's been really difficult. It seems like his stomach is just so sensitive for everything to the point, he has lost most interest in eating food.
So, in the mean time, the doctor told me I need to exclusively nurse and gradually get him back into solids. I was really hoping to wean him in the next month but with these allergies, the safest option is for me to nurse him until he is one and becomes more tolerable.
 
I have to suck it up and just keep on going.
I know I must sound so selfish for wanting to stop nursing such a food sensitive baby...
I want my body back.
My body has belonged to Duke for like a year and a half now,
I know, so selfish.
But, I love my kids more than anything on this planet and I will do anything I need to, to keep them safe and healthy.
Four more months of keeping supply up and keeping this little baby gem healthy and getting everything he needs.
I know I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment